Monday, January 19, 2015

Mental Game


Sometimes workouts don't go the way you want. Today I watched someone hit a wall on the first round of Medball Cleans. I don't even believe these are a very difficult movement. But for whatever was going on in their head decided to shut down. "Which lead to how do I do mountain climbers again...?" And culminated in "I'm only doing one round".

So I need to reinforce, that this isn't supposed to be fun, it's not supposed to be easy. When you walk into the gym, you need to make a choice. Either your going to crush the workout, or turn around and leave. Doing half the work produces half the results. If I am not having a good day, I evaluate, will I get injured doing this? Or is this just a mental block that I need to put my head down and work through.

I know sometimes it is hard to get past the mental game when you don't have a large cheering section, But it's got to happen. I try to think ahead, were am I going. This workout is going to help me at BC Strongest Man competition. If I don't get the work done there, I will look like a fool, so getting the work in now will help with that goal.


500m Row
Then 3 rounds
10 Burpees
20 Med Ball Cleans
30 Mountain Climbers
40 KB Swings

No comments:

Post a Comment